I had a little rant for organizations over on hypocritical, entitled Your target market is closer than you think.
Don’t tell anyone else I’m doing this, but because I like you, I’m going to hit the high points, here. If you want to slog through the whole thing, be my guest.
- Your target market–your true target market, your accessible target market–is each and every one of your employees
- You need to spend time talking to your employees. You need to spend time conversing with them. You need to keep doing it. No matter how uncomfortable it makes you.
- And you need to spend time talking to yourself.
- If your employees don’t believe in what you’re doing, you’re sunk.
- If you can’t get them excited about what you’re pursuing, then you’re in trouble.
- You hired intelligent, capable people. They need to believe in you.
- Honesty is the best policy. Start using it.